Trends in Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide
The complete Mauna Loa CO2 records described on this page are available.
- Mauna Loa CO2 monthly mean data
- Mauna Loa CO2 annual mean data
- Mauna Loa CO2 annual mean growth rates
- Mauna Loa CO2 weekly mean and historical comparisons
Additional CO2 data from Mauna Loa and other worldwide sampling sites can be found using the ESRL/GMD Data Navigator of public data sets.
These values are subject to change depending on quality control checks of the measured data, but any revisions are expected to be small.
How to reference content from this page
Dr. Pieter Tans, NOAA/ESRL (www.esrl.noaa.gov/gmd/ccgg/trends/) and Dr. Ralph Keeling, Scripps Institution of Oceanography (scrippsco2.ucsd.edu/).
- Pieter Tans, NOAA/ESRL, ph. 303 497 6678, Pieter.Tans@noaa.gov
- C.D. Keeling, R.B. Bacastow, A.E. Bainbridge, C.A. Ekdahl, P.R. Guenther, and L.S. Waterman, (1976), Atmospheric carbon dioxide variations at Mauna Loa Observatory, Hawaii, Tellus, vol. 28, 538-551
- K.W. Thoning, P.P. Tans, and W.D. Komhyr, (1989), Atmospheric carbon dioxide at Mauna Loa Observatory 2. Analysis of the NOAA GMCC data, 1974-1985, J. Geophys. Research, vol. 94, 8549-8565
- Etheridge, D. M., L. P. Steele, R. L. Langenfelds, R. J. Francey, J.-M. Barnola, and V. I. Morgan, (1996), Natural and anthropogenic changes in atmospheric CO2 over the last 1000 years from air in Antarctic ice and firn, J. Geophys. Res., 101(D2), 4115–4128, doi:10.1029/95JD03410.