The ESRL website will be unavailable for 24 hours starting Friday, March 6th at 5:00pm MT due to building maintenance.
United States Interactive Climate Pages
Point and click climate information for individual cities in the US
Obtain the climatologies of temperature, precipitation and other variables for cities throughout the United States and its possessions.
- Fast lane (detailed maps): suitable for high speed connection
- Slow lane: suitable for modems.
- Text Access
US station data: climate data for indivdual cities in the US
- Plot weather variable climatologies, timeseries and data distributions for cities throughout the US. Not point and click, but 3000 stations including from Alaska and Hawaii. Data from 1950-1999.
Climate Maps for the United States
Create maps of monthly US temperature and precipitation products using US Climate Division data from 1895 to the present.
- Choose US climate divisions and get monthly timeseries for the whole period of record. Also get ranked lists and anomalies.
Other Useful Pages:
- Where to find climate data. If it's not here, where to get past data, climatologies etc.
- Glossary of terms, data, and
project construction details
- List of related climate and
- Suggestions for use of these
pages by teachers (under construction-send me some!)