Suggestions for Teachers Using Climate Web pages
Ideas for using pages
Here are some questions and concepts to think about when looking at the climatology of different cities. Try comparing cities that differ in only one way (say, nearness to the ocean or latitude) to make the influences on climatology more obvious.
- Examine what factors influence the climatology in different locations over the US
- Proximity to the large bodies of water
- Prevailing winds
- Proximity to cities.
- Examine the seasonal cycle at different locations
- What causes the seasonal cycle
- Why is the maximum temperature at different times in different cities
- Why does the seasonal cycle of rainfall vary in different cities