MLO Computer Policies For Visitors
- All computers at the Mauna Loa Observatory must have a type of antivirus software installed on the system.
- MLO will only provide support for the following operating systems for new systems:
Mac OS X
- Modems are not allowed to be connected to a PC, which is also connected to MLO's network.
- To obtain Ip addresses please contact Darryl Kuniyuki. You will be assigned a public Ip address unless you request to be inside our firewall. If you want to be behind this firewall please contact Darryl for special configuration information.
- MLO will not be responsible for backing up your system; you are responsible for maintaining your system.
- It is highly recommended that your system be on a UPS, which you must provide. MLO will not be responsible for damages caused by power surges or lightning strikes.
- Do not use any computers other than your own and the designated guest computers provided. Do not install any programs on MLO computers without permission from MLO system staff.
- If you borrow anything, please remember to return it.
MLO System Staff: