- Physical Sciences Division
- David Skaggs Research Building
- 325 Broadway
- Boulder, CO 80305-3328
- Phone: (303) 497-6409
- Fax: (303) 497-6181
- Email: Taneil.Uttal@noaa.gov
Studies of the the Arctic system (clouds, radiation, aerosols, atmospheric composition, permafrost, sea-ice forecasting) using assemblages of observation based data sets collected at Arctic Atmospheric Observatories.
Current Research Projects
Using data from micrometeorological towers, radars, radiometers and lidars in combination with network data from the Global Atmosphere Watch to document the current state of the Arctic environment, to conduct observation based process studies, and provide information for improving predicatability of the future state of the Arctic system.
Project and Program Development
Team lead for the Polar Processes and Observations Group Originator of the International Arctic systems for Observing the Atmosphere U.S. scientific co-leader of the Tiksi Hydrometeorological Observatory Member of the Atmospheric Collaboration Team for the Interagency Arctic Research Policy Committee
- United States Department of Commerce Bronze Medal Award for “Outstanding leadership in bringing together an unprecedented concentration of multi-agency instruments and scientists for the SHEBA experiment”
- NOAA Administrators Award for “For exemplary leadership in implementing an atmospheric climate observatory at Eureka, Nunavut, Canada”