The building maintenance scheduled for Friday February 27th at 5:00pm MST has been postponed until 5:00pm March 6th. PSD's website will be down during the maintenance.
Restrictions | Details | Caveats | File Naming | Citation | References | Original Source | Contact
NOAA OI SST V2 High Resolution Dataset
- Data less than 15 days old may be subject to revision by NCDC.
|Variable||Statistic||Level||Download File||Create Plot/Subset|
|Sea Surface Temperature||Daily Mean||Surface||ftp://ftp.cdc.noaa.gov/Datasets/noaa.oisst.v2.highres/sst.day.mean.yyyy.v2.nc(select 'see list')|
|Sea Surface Temperature||Daily Anomaly||Surface||ftp://ftp.cdc.noaa.gov/Datasets/noaa.oisst.v2.highres/sst.day.anom.yyyy.v2.nc(select 'see list')|
|Sea Surface Temperature||Daily Mean Error||Surface||ftp://ftp.cdc.noaa.gov/Datasets/noaa.oisst.v2.highres/sst.day.err.yyyy.v2.nc(select 'see list')|
|Sea Ice Concentration||Daily Mean||Surface||ftp://ftp.cdc.noaa.gov/Datasets/noaa.oisst.v2.highres/icec.day.mean.yyyy.v2.nc(select 'see list')|
- Full description is at NCDC Data is a high resolution OI of SST using the AVHRR data.
- Related Datasets
- var.day.stat.yyyy.v2.nc (In directory: /Datasets/noaa.oissst.v2.highres/)
Dataset Format and Size:
- PSD standard NetCDF 925 Mbyte file for each monthly file.
- Please note: If you acquire NOAA High Resolution SST data products from PSD, we ask that you acknowledge us in your use of the data. This may be done by including text such as NOAA High Resolution SST data provided by the NOAA/OAR/ESRL PSD, Boulder, Colorado, USA, from their Web site at http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/ in any documents or publications using these data. We would also appreciate receiving a copy of the relevant publications. This will help PSD to justify keeping the NOAA High Resolution SST data set freely available online in the future. Thank you!
- Reynolds, Richard W., Thomas M. Smith, Chunying Liu, Dudley B. Chelton, Kenneth S. Casey, Michael G. Schlax, 2007: Daily High-Resolution-Blended Analyses for Sea Surface Temperature. J. Climate, 20, 5473-5496. Reynolds, Richard W., Thomas M. Smith, Chunying Liu, Dudley B. Chelton, Kenneth S. Casey, Michael G. Schlax, 2007: Daily High-Resolution-Blended Analyses for Sea Surface Temperature. J. Climate, 20, 5473-5496.
Physical Sciences Division: Data Management
Boulder, CO 80305-3328