The building maintenance scheduled for Friday February 27th at 5:00pm MST has been postponed until 5:00pm March 6th. PSD's website will be down during the maintenance.
This dataset cannot be redistributed outside PSD.
- Sea Level
|Variable||Statistic||Level||Download File||Create Plot/Subset|
|SST||Monthly Mean||' '||/Datasets.private/hadley/sst.mnean.nc|
|ICE||Monthly percentage||' '||/Datasets.private/hadley/icec.mnean.nc|
- "In situ sea surface observations and satellite derived estimates at the sea surface are included in the analysis. SST bucket corrections have been applied to gridded fields from 1870 through 1941. And a blend of satellite AVHRR (for SST), SSMI (for ice) and observations are used in the modern periods. This data is provided by the Hadley Centre, Met Office."
- Related Datasets
- var.time.stat.nc (In directory: /Datasets.private/hadley/
Dataset Format and Size:
- PSD standard NetCDF ~16 Mbyte file for each monthly file.
- Please note: If you acquire HadISST1.1 data products from PSD, we ask that you acknowledge us in your use of the data. This may be done by including text such as HadISST1.1 data provided by the NOAA/OAR/ESRL PSD, Boulder, Colorado, USA, from their Web site at http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/ in any documents or publications using these data. We would also appreciate receiving a copy of the relevant publications. This will help PSD to justify keeping the HadISST1.1 data set freely available online in the future. Thank you!
- Rayner, N. A.; Parker, D. E.; Horton, E. B.; Folland, C. K.; Alexander, L. V.; Rowell, D. P.; Kent, E. C.; Kaplan, A. (2003) Global analyses of sea surface temperature, sea ice, and night marine air temperature since the late nineteenth century J. Geophys. Res.Vol. 108, No. D14, 4407 10.1029/2002JD002670 (pdf ~9Mb)
Physical Sciences Division: Data Management
Boulder, CO 80305-3328