NOAA Atmospheric Chemical Modeling Workshop
What:A workshop focused on NOAA's atmospheric chemical modeling capabilities which are relevant to our research and operational needs and opportunities.
When: October 10 - 11, 2007
Why: This workshop, directed towards NOAA's chemical modeling community, is an important opportunity to exchange information on the variety of chemical models developed and used throughout NOAA.
- Communicate current atmospheric chemistry modeling capabilities that exist NOAA-wide;
- Understand current and planned chemical modeling applications/customers;
- Improve collaborations among NOAA's chemistry modeling community;
- Identify future collaborations needed for enhancing NOAA's use of resources and improving our research and operational capabilities in order to enhance assessments and predictions;
- Discuss the future of NOAA's global chemical modeling;
- Outline an approach for improving NOAA research and operations necessary to achieve the goals identified in the NOAA 20-year Research Vision.
Contacts:Greg Frost; Gregory.J.Frost@noaa.gov
Janet Intrieri; Janet.Intrieri@noaa.gov