ESRL Global Systems Division
The Data Systems Group of the GSD Information and Technology Services is a lab-wide resource for the acquisition and processing of meteorological data sets in support of GSD's research, development and technology transfer mission.
DSG responsibilities include:
- Developing Object Data System (ODS), a real-time data handling system;
- Supporting the Central Facility AWIPS Data Server;
- Maintaining the GSD Data Repository (GDR), an archive of AWIPS data sets; and
- Distributing real-time data via Local Data Manager (LDM);
- NIMBUS legacy real-time system.
- Processing Aviation Related Data
- To peruse the gridded data available online, check out the Grib Viewer (internal)