The NOAA Strategic Plan for FY 2009 - 2014 was posted in October 2008 at www.ppi.noaa.gov and linked below. A technical adjustment conducted that year with NEP and NEC approval, and in accordance with GPRA and PART, keeps the strategic plan current and relevant. The last extensive internal and public review of NOAA's strategic plan occurred in April of 2005 and resulted in the NOAA Strategic Plan for FY 2005 – 2010; subsequent minor changes resulted in the NOAA Strategic Plan for FY 2006 – 2011. This update for FY 2009 – 2014 is timely in light of the recent administration transition. Retaining the basic structure of the 2006 strategic plan, this update
- retains NOAA’s Vision, Mission, and Goals,
- better describes NOAA’s functions and structure,
- updates Mission Goal & Sub-goal Objectives and Sub-goal Outcomes,
- describes Programs that constitute Mission Goals and Sub-goals,
- better characterizes the environment in which NOAA works, and
- describes key successes on the road to strategic outcomes.
NOAA is currently in the process of developing a new Strategic Plan, to be completed later this year.