- TACOS Sausage Flask Intercomparison Exercise: 2002-2005 (Levin, I. et al., Presentation at the 13th WMO / IAEA Meeting of Experts on Carbon Dioxide Concentration and Related Tracer Measurement Techniques Boulder, Colorado, USA; September 19-22, 2005), WORLD METEOROLOGICAL ORGANIZATION , GAW Report No. 148.
- Levin, I. U. Langendorfer, M. Schmidt, C. Facklam (UHEI-IUP, Germany), M. Ramonet, C. Bourg, V. Kazan, P. Ciais (LSCE, France), R. Langenfelds, C. Allison, R. Francey (CSIRO, Australia), A. Jordan, W.A. Brand (MPI-BGC, Germany), R.E.M. Neubert, J.A.J. Meijer (CIO-RUG, Netherlands), K. Holmen (MISU, Sweden). EuroSiberian Carbonflux - CO2 Intercomparison. 11th WMO/IAEA Meeting of Experts on Carbon Dioxide Concentration and Related Tracer Measurement Techniques. September 25-28, 2001, Tokyo, Japan. WMO/GAW, No.148, March 2003.
- Langenfelds, R.L., P.B. Krummel, C.E. Allison, R.J. Francey, L.P. Steele, L.N. Cooper, D.E.J. Worthy, L. Huang, M. Ernst and A. Chivulescu, Intercomparison of MSC and CSIRO trace gas data from Alert and Estevan Point, Canadian Baseline Program Summary of Progress to 2002, Meteorological Service of Canada, 67-76, 2003.
- Masarie, K., T. Conway, E. Dlugokencky, P. Novelli, P. Tans, D. Worthy, and M. Ernst, The MSC/NOAA Ongoing Flask Air Intercomparison Experiment, Canadian Baseline Program Summary of Progress to 2002, Meteorological Service of Canada, 64-66, 2003.
- Masarie, K.A., R.L. Langenfelds, C.E. Allison, T.J. Conway, E.J. Dlugokencky, R.J. Francey, P.C. Novelli, L.P. Steele, P.P. Tans, B. Vaughn, and J.W.C. White, "The NOAA/CSIRO Flask-Air Intercomparison Program: A strategy for directly assessing consistency among atmospheric measurements derived from independent laboratories." Journal of Geophysical Research, Vol. 106, No. D17, p. 20445-20464, 2001.
- Peterson, J., P. Tans, and D. Kitzis, "CO2 Round-Robin Reference Gas Intercomparison" in Report of the Ninth WMO Meeting of Experts on Carbon Dioxide Concentration and Related Tracer Measurement Techniques, Aspendale, Vic. Australia, 1 - 4 September 1997, edited by R. Francey, World Meteorological Organization, Geneva, 1999.
- GLOBALVIEW-CO2, Release Notes, "Modifications to the Data Extension procedure.", 2000.
- Masarie, K.A. and P.P Tans, "Extension and Integration of Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide Data into a Globally Consistent Measurement Record." Journal of Geophysical Research, Vol. 100, No. D6, p. 11593-11610. June 1995.
WMO CO2 Mole Fraction Scale
- Zhao, C., and P.P. Tans (2006), Estimating uncertainty of the WMO Mole Fraction Scale for carbon dioxide in air, J. Geophys. Res., 111, D08S09, doi: 10.1029/2005JD006003.
- Tans, P., C. Zhao, and K. Masarie, "Maintenance and propagation of the WMO Mole Fraction Scale for carbon dioxide in air" in Report of the Eleventh WMO Meeting of Experts on Carbon Dioxide Concentration and Related Tracer Measurement Techniques, Tokyo, Japan, 25-28 September 2001, edited by S. Toru, World Meteorological Organization, Geneva, 2003.
- Zhao, C.L., P.P Tans, and K.W. Thoning, A high precision manometric system for absolute calibrations of CO2 in dry air, J. Geophys. Res., 102, 5885-5894, 1997.
Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO), Australia
- Francey, R.J., L.P. Steele, D.A. Spencer, R.L. Langenfelds, R.M. Law, P.B. Krummel, P.J. Fraser, D.M. Etheridge, N. Derek, S.A. Coram, L.N. Cooper, C.E. Allison, L. Porter and S. Baly, The CSIRO (Australia) measurement of greenhouse gases in the global atmosphere, report of the 11th WMO/IAEA Meeting of Experts on Carbon Dioxide Concentration and Related Tracer Measurement Techniques, Tokyo, Japan, September 2001, S.Toru and S. Kazuto (editors), World Meteorological Organization Global Atmosphere Watch, 97-111, 2003.
- Pak, B. C., R.L. Langenfelds, S.A. Young, R.J. Francey, C.P. Meyer, L.M. Kivlighon, L.N. Cooper, B.L. Dunse, C.E. Allison, L.P. Steele, I.E. Galbally and I.A. Weeks, Measurements of biomass burning influences in the troposphere over southeast Australia during the SAFARI 2000 dry season campaign, J. Geophys. Res., 108(D13), 8480, doi:10.1029/2002JD002343, 2003.
- Francey, R.J., L.P. Steele, R.L. Langenfelds, M.P. Lucarelli, C.E. Allison, D.J. Beardsmore, S.A. Coram, N. Derek, F.R. deSilva, D.M. Etheridge, P.J. Fraser, R.J. Henry, B. Turner, E.D. Welch, D.A. Spencer and L.N. Cooper. Global Atmospheric Sampling Laboratory (GASLAB): supporting and extending the Cape Grim trace gas programs. Baseline Atmospheric Program (Australia) 1993, edited by R.J. Francey, A.L. Dick and N. Derek, pp 8 - 29, Bureau of Meteorology and CSIRO Division of Atmospheric Research, Melbourne, Australia, 1996.
- Francey, R.J., L.P. Steele, R.L. Langenfelds, C.E. Allison, L.N. Cooper, B.L. Dunse, B.G. Bell, T.D. Murray, H.S. Tait, L. Thompson and K.A. Masarie, Atmospheric carbon dioxide and its stable isotope ratios, methane, carbon monoxide and hydrogen from Shetland, Atmos. Environ., Vol. 32, No. 19, 3331-3338, 1998.
- Francey, R.J., L.P. Steele, R.L. Langenfelds and B.C. Pak, High precision long-term monitoring of radiatively-active trace gases at surface sites and from ships and aircraft in the Southern Hemisphere atmosphere. J. Atmos. Science., 56, 279-285, 1999.
- Francey, R.J., C.E. Allison, D.M. Etheridge, C.M. Trudinger, I.G. Enting, M. Leuenberger, R.L. Langenfelds, E. Michel and L.P. Steele, A 1000-year high precision record of ?13C in atmospheric CO2, Tellus, 51B, 170-193, 1999.
- Langenfelds, R.L., R.J. Francey, L.P. Steele, P.J. Fraser, S.A. Coram, M.R. Hayes, D.J. Beardsmore, M.P. Lucarelli, and F.R. de Silva, Improved vertical sampling of the trace gas composition of the troposphere above Cape Grim since 1991, in Baseline Atmospheric Program (Australia) 1993, edited by R.J. Francey, A.L. Dick and N. Derek, pp 45-56, Bureau of Meteorology and CSIRO Division of Atmospheric Research, Melbourne, Australia, 1996.
- Langenfelds, R.L., R.J. Francey, B.C. Pak, L.P. Steele, J. Lloyd, C.M. Trudinger and C.E. Allison, Interannual growth rate variations of atmospheric CO2 and its d13C, H2, CH4 and CO between 1992 and 1999 linked to biomass burning, Global Biogeochem. Cycles, 16(3), 1048, doi:10.1029/2001GB001466, 2002.
- Pak, B.C., Langenfelds, R.L., R.J. Francey, L.P. Steele and I.Simmonds, A climatology of trace gases from the Cape Grim overflights, 1992 - 1995, in Baseline Atmospheric Program (Australia) 1994-5, edited by R.J. Francey, A.L. Dick and N. Derek, pp 41 - 52, Bureau of Meteorology and CSIRO Division of Atmospheric Research, Melbourne, Australia, 1996.
- Pak, B.C., M. Ramonet, P. Monfray, R.J. Francey and I.Simmonds, Assessment of the spatial and temporal representativeness of the Cape Grim overflight CO2 data, in Baseline Atmospheric Program (Australia) 1996, edited by J. L. Gras, N. Derek, N. W. Tindale, and A. L. Dick, pp. 36-44, Bureau of Meteorology and CSIRO Atmospheric Research, Melbourne, Australia, 1999.
Instituto de Pesquisas Energés e Nucleares, Il Centro de Quí e Meio Ambiente, Divisao de Q Quimica Ambiental (IPEN-CQMA) ), Brazil
- GATTI, L. V., MILLER, J. B., D?AMELIO, M. T. S., MARTINEWSKI, A., BASSO, L. S., GLOOR, M. E., WOFSY, S. and TANS, P. , Vertical profiles of CO2 above eastern Amazonia suggest a net carbon flux to the atmosphere and balanced biosphere between 2000 and 2009. Tellus B, no. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-0889.2010.00484.x, 2010
Environment Canada (EC), Canada
- Higuchi, K., D. Worthy, D. Chan, and A. Shashkov, 2003. Regional source/sink impact on the diurnal, seasonal and inter-annual variations in atmospheric CO2 at a boreal forest site in Canada. Tellus 55B, 115-125.
- Worthy, D.E., K.Higuchi, and D. Chan, 2003. North American influence on atmospheric carbon dioxide data collected at Sable Island, Canada. Tellus 55B, 105-114.
Chinese Academy of Meteorological Sciences (CAMS) / Centre for Atmosphere Watch & Services (CAWAS), China Meteorological Administration (CMA), P.R. of China
- L. Zhou, X. Zhang, Y. Wen and D. Zhang. 2006. National Report Greenhouse Gases and Related Tracers Measurement at Waliguan Observatory, China. 13th WMO/IAEA Meeting of Experts on Carbon dioxide Concentration and Related Tracer Measurement Techniques. 19-22 September 2005, Boulder, Colorado, USA. GAW No.168:151-154. (WMO TD No.1359)
- Zhou, L., J. W. C. White, T. J. Conway, H. Mukai, K. MacClune, X. Zhang, Y. Wen, and J. Li (2006), Long-term record of atmospheric CO2 and stable isotopic ratios at Waliguan Observatory: Seasonally averaged 1991?2002 source/sink signals, and a comparison of 1998?2002 record to the 11 selected sites in the Northern Hemisphere. Global Biogeochemical Cycles 20(2), GB2001, doi:10.1029/2004GB002431.
- Zhou, L., T. J. Conway, J. W. C. White, H. Mukai, X. Zhang, Y. Wen, and J. Li, and K. MacClune (2005), Long-term record of atmospheric CO2 and stable isotopic ratios at Waliguan Observatory: Background features and possible drivers, 1991?2002. Global Biogeochemical Cycles 19(3), GB3021, doi:10.1029/2004GB002430.
- Zhou Lingxi, Tang J, Wen YP, Li JL, Yan P, Zhang XC. 2003. The impact of local winds and long-range transport on the continuous carbon dioxide record at Mount Waliguan, China. Tellus 55B(2):145-158.
- Zhou Lingxi, Wen Yupu and Zhang Xiaochun, 2005. The CO2, CH4, CO Monitoring & Research Programmes at the China GAW Baseline Observatory. 12th WMO/IAEA Meeting of Experts on Carbon dioxide Concentration and Related Tracer Measurement Techniques. 15-19 September 2003, Toronto, Canada. WMO/GAW, No.161:231-237. (WMO TD No.1275)
- Zhou Lingxi, Wen Yupu and Zhang Xiaochun, 2003. Contribution of the CMA to the WMO GAW Programme and Associated Activities: The Current and Future Application at China GAW Stations. 11th WMO/IAEA Meeting of Experts on Carbon dioxide Concentration and Related Tracer Measurement Techniques. 24-29 September 2001, Tokyo, Japan. WMO/GAW, No.148:129-131. (WMO TD No.1138)
Finnish Meteorological Institute (FMI), Finland
- Eneroth K., Aalto Tl, Hatakka J., Holmen K., Laurila T. and Viisanene Y., 2005. Atmospheric transport of carbon dioxide to a baseline monitoring station in northern Finland. Tellus 57B: 366-374.
- Hatakka J., Aalto T., Aaltonen V., Aurela M., Hakola H., Komppula M., Laurila T., Lihavainen H., Paatero J., Salminen K. and Viisanen Y., 2003. Overview of the atmospheric research activities and results at Pallas GAW station. Boreal Environment Research, 8(4):365-383.
- Aalto T., Hatakka J. and Viisanen Y., 2003. Influence of air mass source sector on variations in CO2 mixing ratio at a boreal site in northern Finland. Boreal Environment Research, 8(4):385-393.
- Aalto, T., J. Hatakka, I Paatero, J.P. Touvinen, M. Aurela, T. Laurila, K. Holmen, N. Trivett, and Y. Viisanen, 2002. Tropospheric carbon dioxide concentrations at a northern boreal site in Finland: basic variations and source areas. Tellus 54(2), 110.
- Hatakka J., Aalto T. and Viisanen Y. Carbon Dioxide Measurements at the Pallas GAW Station, Finland. In: Report of the 11th WMO/IAEA Meeting of Experts on Carbon Dioxide Concentration and Related Tracer Techniques, Tokyo, Japan (25-28 September 2001). WMO/GAW Report No. 148, pp. 132-135.[Contains technical description of the measurement system]
Laboratoire des Sciences du Climat et de l'Environnement (LSCE) and Unitéixte de Recherche CEA-CNRS, France
- Biraud, S., P. Ciais, M. Ramonet, P. Simmonds, V. Kazan, P. Monfray, S. O'Doherty, T.G. Spain, and S.J. Jennings, 2002. Quantification of Carbon Dioxide, Methane, Nitrous Oxide, and Chloroform emissions over Ireland from atmospheric observations at Mace Head. Tellus 54(1), 41-60.
- Derwent, R.G., R.D. B., A.J. Manning, P.G. Simmonds, S. O'Doherty, S. Biraud, P. Ciais, M. Ramonet, and S.G. Jennings, 2002. Continuous observations of Carbon Dioxide at Mace Head, Ireland from 1995-1999 and its net european ecosystem exchange. Atmospheric Environment 36 (17), p. 2799-2807.
- Biraud, S., P. Ciais, M. Ramonet, P. Simmonds, V. Kazan, P. Monfray, S. O'Doherty, T.G. Spain, and S.J. Jennings, 2000. European greenhouse gas emissions estimated from continuous atmospheric measurements and Radon-222 at Mace Head, Ireland. JGR 105(D1), 1351-1366.
- Bousquet, P., A. Gaudry, P. Ciais, V. Kazan, P. Monfray, P.G. Simmonds, S.G. Jennings, and T.C. O'Connor, 1996. Atmospheric CO2 concentration variations recorded at Mace Head, Ireland, from 1992 to 1994. Phys. Chem. Earth. 21, 477-481.
- Gaudry, A., J.M. Ascencio, and G. Lambert, 1983. Preliminary study of CO2 Variations at Amsterdam Island (Territoires des Terres Australes et Antarctiques Francaises). JGR 88, 1323-1329.
- Gaudry, A., P. Monfray, G. Polian, G. Bonsang, B. Ardouin, A. Jegou, and G. Lambert, 1991. Non-seasonnal variations of atmospheric CO2 concentrations at Amsterdam Island. Tellus 43B, 136-143.
- Gaudry, A., P. Monfray, G. Polian, and G. Lambert, 1990. Radon-calibrated emissions of CO2 from South Africa. Tellus 42B, 9-19.
- Monfray, P., A. Gaudry, G. Polian, and G. Lambert, 1987. Seasonnal variations of atmospheric CO2 in the Southern Indian Ocean. Tellus 39B, 67-71.
- Ramonet, M., and P. Monfray, 1996. CO2 Baseline concept in 3-D atmospheric transport models. Tellus 48B, 502-520.
University of Heidelberg, Institut fuer Umweltphysik (UHEI-IUP), Germany
Hungarian Meteorological Service (HMS), Institute for Atmospheric Physics, Hungary
- Haszpra, L., Barcza, Z., Bakwin, P. S., Berger, B. W., Davis, K. J., Weidinger, T., 2001: Measuring system for the long-term monitoring of biosphere/atmosphere exchange of carbon dioxide. J. of Geophysical Research 106D, 3057-3070.
Italian Air Force Meteorological Service, (IAFMS), Italy
- V. Cundari, T. Colombo and G. Fiore. Atmospheric carbon dioxide transport at Mt. Cimone. Rivista di Met. Aeron. XLV N 2-3 1985.
- L. Ciattaglia, V. Cundari and T. Colombo. Further measurements of atmospheric carbon dioxide at Mt. Cimone, Italy : 1979-1985. Proceedings of international conference in Kandersteg (Swiss) 1985.
- V. Cundari and T. Colombo. Atmospheric carbon dioxide measurements at Mt. Cimone, Italy (1979-1983). Annales Geoph. Vol 4 B 1986.
- L. Ciattaglia, V. Cundari and T. Colombo. Further measurements of atmospheric carbon dioxide at Mt. Cimone, Italy: 1979-1985. Tellus 39B 1987.
- V. Cundari, T. Colombo and L. Ciattaglia. Some considerations on atmospheric measurement technique at Mt. Cimone, Italy. W.M.O. Report No. 77. 1990.
- V. Cundari, T. Colombo, G. Papini and G. Benedicti. Recent improvements on atmospheric CO2 measurements at Mt. Cimone observatory, Italy. Il Nuovo Cimento Vol 13 C, N5.1990.
- V. Cundari and T. Colombo. Mt. Cimone. Trends '91.
- T. Colombo and R. Santaguida. Mt. Cimone. Trends '93.
- V. Cundari, T. Colombo and L. Ciattaglia. Thirteen years of atmospheric carbon dioxide measurements at Mt.Cimone station, Italy. Il Nuovo Cimento vol 18 C N 1. 1995.
- L. Ciattaglia, A. Guerrini, CNR-IFA Rome, T. Colombo, R. Santaguida, P. Chamard, Italian Met Service, ENEA Amb. Clim. Rome. Behaviour of the atmospheric CO2 and Methane concentrations in 2 Italian stations representing different type of biosphere: Mt. Cimone and Lampedusa. Poster no. 650 IUGG-IAMAS-MJS6, Boulder , 2-4 July 1995. Atmospheric CO2: breathing of the Earth. Poster nx650.
- P. Bonasoni, T. Colombo, R. Lenaz, G. Tesi, F. Evangelisti, G. Giovanelli, F. Ravegnani, R. Santaguida. Effect of Saharan dust transport on ozone and carbon dioxide concentration. Published on The impact of desert dust across the Mediterranean edited by Stefano Guerzoni and Roy Chester. 1996 Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- P. Bonasoni, G. Tesi, T. Colombo, R. Santaguida, F. Evangelisti, U. Bonaf. Effects of Saharan dust transport on the concentration of trace gases. Presented to "Quadrennial ozone symposium, L'Aquila 12-21 Sept. 1996"
- T.Colombo, R. Santaguida. Explanatory note for Monte Cimone station, Italy. WMO WDCGG DATA REPORT, WDCGG No.9. GAW DATA Volume IV - Greenhouse Gases and Other Atmospheric Gases. September 1995.
- P.Bonasoni, F. Evangelisti, G. Giovanelli, F. Calzolari, T. Colombo, R. Santaguida, O. Tubertini, M.G. Bettoli, L. Tositti, G. Tesi, E. Corazza. Mt. Cimone Observatory: Baseline Station for the measurement of gaseous substances and radioactive tracers in the atmosphere. Journal of Environmental Pathology, Toxicology and Oncology vol. 15, Nx4, 1996.
- P. Bonasoni, F. Calzolari, T. Colombo, E. Corazza, R. Santaguida, G. Tesi. Continuous CO and H2 measurements at Mt.Cimone ( ITALY): preliminary results. Atmospheric Environment 1997, vol 31, 7, pp. 959-967.
Japan Meteorological Agency (JMA), Japan
- Tsutsumi, Y., H. Matsueda, S. Nishioka, Consistency of the CO2 primary standards in JMA, 12th WMO/IAEA meeting of experts on carbon dioxide concentration and related tracers measurement techniques (Toronto, Canada, 15-18 September 2003), Global Atmosphere Watch Report No. 161 (WMO/TD-No.1275), 23-31, 2005.
- Tsutsumi, Y., K. Mori, M. Ikegami, T. Tashiro, K. Tsuboi, Long-term trends of greenhouse gases in regional and background events observed during 1998-2004 at Yonagunijima located to the east of the Asian continent. Atmospheric Environment, 40, 5868-5879, 2006.
- F. Watanabe, O. Uchino, Y. Joo, M. Aono, K. Higashijima, Y. Hirano, K. Tsuboi and K. Suda: Interannual variation of growth rate of atmospheric carbon dioxide concentration observed at the JMA's three monitoring stations: Large increase in concentration of atmospheric carbon dioxide in 1998. Journal of Meteorological Society of Japan, Vol.78, No.5. 673-682, 2000.
- JMA, Annual Report on Atmospheric and Marine Environment Monitoring.
National Institute for Environmental Studies (NIES) and Meteorological Research Institute (MRI), Japan
- Machida, T., Katsumata, K., Y. Tohjima, T. Watai, and H. Mukai, Preparing and maintaining of CO2 calibration scale in National Institute for Environmental Studies - NIES 95 CO2 scale, WMO/GAW Report No. 186, 26-29, 2009.
- Machida, T., H. Matsueda, Y. Sawa, Y. Nakagawa, K. Hirotani, N. Kondo, K. Goto, K. Ishikawa, T. Nakazawa, and T. Ogawa, Worldwide measurements of atmospheric CO2 and other trace gas species using commercial airlines, J. Atmos. Oceanic. Technol., 25, 1744-1754, 2008.
- Matsueda, H., T. Machida, Y. Sawa, Y. Nakagawa, K. Hirotani, H. Ikeda, N. Kondo, and K. Goto, Evaluation of atmospheric CO2 measurements from new flask air sampling of JAL airliner observations, Papers in Meteorology and Geophysics, 59, 1-17, 2008.
- Machida, T., H. Matsueda, and Y. Sawa, A new JAL project: CONTRAIL Comprehensive Observation Network for TRace gases by AIrLiner, IGAC Newsletter, No. 37, 23-30, 2007.
- Matsueda, H., S. Taguchi, H.Y. Inoue, and M. Ishii, A large impact of tropical biomass burning on CO and CO2 in the upper troposphere, Science in China (Series C), 45 Supp., 116-125, 2002.
- Matsueda, H., H.Y. Inoue, and M. Ishii, Aircraft observation of carbon dioxide at 8-13 km altitude over the western Pacific from 1993 to 1999, Tellus, 54B, 1-21, 2002.
- Matsueda, H., and H.Y. Inoue, Measurements of atmospheric CO2 and CH4 using a commercial airliner from 1993 to 1994, Atmos. Environ., 30, 1647-1655, 1996.
University of Groningen, Centre for Isotope Research [RUG], Netherlands
- van der Laan-Luijkx, I. T., Neubert, R. E. M., van der Laan, S., and Meijer, H. A. J., Continuous measurements of atmospheric oxygen and carbon dioxide on a North Sea gas platform, Atmos. Meas. Tech., 3, 113-125, 2010
South African Weather Service (SAWS), South Africa
- Brunke, E-G., Labuschagne, C., Parker, B., Scheel, H.E. and Whittlestone, S. (2004). Baseline air mass selection at Cape Point, South Africa: Application of 222Rn and other filter criteria to CO2. Atmospheric Environment 38, 33, (Oct 04), 5693 - 5702.
- J.M. Harris, S.J. Oltmans, E.J. Dlugokencky, P.C. Novelli, K.A. Masarie, H.E. Scheel, E.-G. Brunke, "CO and O3 Measurements at Cape Point", Climate Monitoring and Diagnostics Laboratory, Annual Meeting, May 3-4, 2000, Boulder, Colorado, Abstracts p. 2.
- J.M. Harris, "Analysis of CO and O3 data from Cape Point Observatory (1994-1998)" in: Climate Monitoring and Diagnostics Laboratory, Summary Report No. 25, 1998-1999, (R. Schnell, D. King, eds.), U.S. Department of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Boulder, Colorado, January 2001, pp. 87-88.)
- Labuschagne, C., Brunke, E-G. and Scheel, H.E. (1999). Cape Point trace gas observations under baseline and non-baseline conditions. NOAA Climate Monitoring and Diagnostics Laboratory Annual Meeting, Boulder, Colorado, U.S.A., 12-13.05.1999 [poster P-4, page 37]. In ?Abstracts of Climate Monitoring & Diagnostics Laboratory annual Meeting, May 12-13, 1999.
Izana Atmospheric Research Center, Meteorological State Agency of Spain (AEMET), Spain
- Gomez-Pelaez, A.J., Ramos, R., "Improvements in the Carbon Dioxide and Methane Continuous Measurement Programs at Izañlobal GAW Station (Spain) during 2007-2009", in GAW report (No. 194) of the "15th WMO/IAEA Meeting of Experts on Carbon Dioxide, Other Greenhouse Gases, and Related Tracer Measurement Techniques (Jena, Germany; September 7-10, 2009)", edited by Willi A. Brand, World Meteorological Organization (TD No. 1553), 133-138, 2011
- Gomez-Pelaez, A.J., Ramos, R., Cuevas, E., Gomez-Trueba, V., "25 years of continuous CO2 and CH4 measurements at Izana Global GAW mountain station: annual cycles and interannual trends", Proceedings of the "Symposium on Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics at Mountain Sites (ACP Symposium 2010, June 8-10, 2010, Interlaken, Switzerland)", 157-159, 2010
- Gomez-Pelaez, A.J., Ramos, R., Perez-delaPuerta, J., "Methane and carbon dioxide continuous measurements at Izana GAW station (Spain)" in GAW Report (No. 168) of the "13th WMO/IAEA Meeting of Experts on Carbon Dioxide Concentration and Related Tracers Measurement Techniques (Boulder, Colorado, USA, 19-22 September 2005)", edited by J.B. Miller, World Meteorological Organization (TD No. 1359), 180-184, 2006
- Ripodas, P., Ramos, R., Cuevas, E., Calbet, X., "1984-1999 CO2 time series at Izana (Tenerife). Long range transport effects". Report of the "2 Asamblea Hispano Portuguesa de Geodesia y Geofisica", Lagos, Portugal, 2000, page. 467.
- Navascues, B., Rus, C., "Carbon dioxide observations at Izana baseline station, Tenerife (Canary Islands): 1984-1988", Tellus, 43B, 118-125, 1991.
University of Bern, Physics Institute, Climate and Environmental Physics [KUP], Switzerland
- Uglietti, C., M. Leuenberger, D. Brunner, European source and sink areas of CO2 retrieved from Lagrangian transport model interpretation of combined O2 and CO2 measurements at the high alpine research station Jungfraujoch, Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, 11, 8017-8036, 2011
National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR), United States
- Stephens, B., A. Watt, and G. Maclean, An autonomous inexpensive robust CO2 analyzer (AIRCOA). 13th WMO/IAEA Meeting of Experts on Carbon Dioxide Concentration and Related Tracers Measurement Techniques, WMO TD 1359, 95-99, 2006.
NOAA Earth System Research Laboratory (ESRL), United States - Flask measurements
- Conway, T.J., P.P. Tans, L.S. Waterman, K.W. Thoning, D.R. Kitzis, K.A. Masarie, and N. Zhang, Evidence for interannual variability of the carbon cycle from the NOAA/GMD global air sampling network, J. Geophys. Res.,99,22831 22855, 1994.
- Conway, T.J., P. Tans, L.S. Waterman, K.W. Thoning, K.A. Masarie, and R.H. Gammon, Atmospheric carbon dioxide measurements in the remote global troposphere, 1981 1984, Tellus, 40B, 81 115, 1988.
- Komhyr, W.D., L.S. Waterman, and W.R. Taylor, Semiautomatic nondispersive infrared analyzer apparatus for CO2 air sample analyses, J. Geophys. Res., 88, 1315 1322, 1983.
- Komhyr, W.D., R.H. Gammon, T.B. Harris, L.S. Waterman, T.J. Conway, W.R. Taylor, and K.W. Thoning, Global atmospheric CO2 distribution and variations from 1968 1982 NOAA/GMCC CO2 flask sample data, J. Geophys. Res., 90, 5567 5596, 1985.
- Tans, P.P., T.J. Conway, and T. Nakazawa, Latitudinal distribution of the sources and sinks of atmospheric carbon dioxide from surface observations and an atmospheric transport model, J. Geophys. Res., 94, 5151 5172, 1989a.
- Tans, P.P, K.W. Thoning, W.P. Elliott, and T.J. Conway, Background atmospheric CO2 patterns from weekly flask samples at Barrow, Alaska: Optimal signal recovery and error estimates, in NOAA Tech. Memo. (ERL ARL 173). Environmental Research Laboratories, Boulder, CO, 131 pp, 1989b.
- Tans, P.P., I.Y. Fung, and T. Takahashi, Observational constraints on the global atmospheric CO2 budget, Science, 247, 1431 1438, 1990.
- Thoning, K.W., P. Tans, T.J. Conway, and L.S. Waterman, NOAA/GMCC calibrations of CO2 in air reference gases: 1979 1985. NOAA Tech. Memo. (ERL ARL 150). Environmental Research Laboratories, Boulder, CO, 63 pp, 1987.
NOAA Earth System Research Laboratory (ESRL), United States - In situ measurements
- Peterson, J.T., W.D. Komhyr, L.S. Waterman, R.H. Gammon, K.W. Thoning, and T.J. Conway, Atmospheric CO2 variations at Barrow, Alaska, 1973 1982, J. Atmos. Chem., 4, 491 510, 1986.
- Herbert, G.A., E.R. Green, J.M. Harris, G.L. Koenig, S.J. Roughton, and K.W. Thaut, Control and monitoring instrumentation for the continuous measurement of atmospheric CO2 and meteorological variables, J. Atmos. Oceanic Technol., 3, 414 421, 1986.
- Gillette, D.A., W.D. Komhyr, L.S. Waterman, L.P. Steele, and R.H. Gammon, The NOAA/GMCC continuous CO2 record at the South Pole, 1975 1982, J. Geophys. Res., 92, 4231 4240, 1987.
- Halter, B.C., Harris, J.M., and Conway, T.J., Component signals in the record of atmospheric carbon dioxide concentration at American Samoa, J. Geophys. Res., 93, 15914 15918, 1988.
- Komhyr, W.D., T.B. Harris, L.S. Waterman, J.F.S. Chin, and K.W. Thoning, Atmospheric carbon dioxide at Mauna Loa Observatory: 1. NOAA Global Monitoring for Climatic Change measurements with a nondispersive infrared analyzer, 1974 1985, J. Geophys. Res., 94, 8533 8547, 1989.
- Thoning, K.W., T.J. Conway, N. Zhang, and D. Kitzis, Analysis System for Measurement of CO2 Mixing Ratios in Flask Air Samples, Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology, Vol. 12, No. 6, 1349-1356, 1995.
- Thoning, K.W., P.P. Tans, and W.D. Komhyr, Atmospheric carbon dioxide at Mauna Loa Observatory, 2. Analysis of the NOAA/GMCC data, 1974 1985., J. Geophys. Res. ,94, 8549 8565, 1989.
- Thoning, K.W. Selection of NOAA/GMCC CO2 data from Mauna Loa Observatory, In The Statistical Treatment of CO2 Data Records, NOAA Tech. Mem. (ERL ARL 173), Environ. Res. Lab., 131 pp., 1989
- Waterman, L.S., D. W. Nelson, W.D. Komhyr, T.B. Harris, and K.W. Thoning, Atmospheric carbon dioxide measurements at Cape Matatula, American Samoa, 1976 1984., J. Geophys. Res., 94, 14817 14829, 1989.
NOAA Earth System Research Laboratory (ESRL), United States - Tall-tower measurements
- Bakwin, P.S, P.P. Tans, C. Zhao, W. Ussler III, and E. Quesnell, Measurements of carbon dioxide on a very tall tower, Tellus. 47B, 535-549, 1995.
NOAA Earth System Research Laboratory (ESRL), United States - Aircraft measurements
- Bakwin, P.S., Conway, T.J., Dlugokencky, E.J., Guenther, D.W., Kitzis, D, Lang, P.M., Masarie, K.A., Novelli, P.C., Thoning, K.W., Tans, P.P., and Waterman, L.S., in Climate Monitoring and Diagnostics Laboratory GMD NO. 22 Summary Report 1994, edited by J.T. Peterson and R.M. Rosson, pp 18-30, US Department of Commerce, NOAA, Boulder, Colorado, 1994.
Scripps Institution of Oceanography (SIO), United States - Flask measurements
- Keeling, R. F., S. R. Shertz, 1992, "Seasonal and interannual variations in atmospheric oxygen and implications for the global carbon cycle" Nature, 358, 723-727.
- Keeling, R.F., Piper, S.C., Heimann, M., 1996, "Global and hemispheric CO2 sinks deduced from changes in atmospheric O2 concentration", Nature, 381, 218-221.
- Keeling, R.F., Stephens, B.B., Najjar, R.G., Doney, S.C., Archer, D., Heimann, M., 1998, "Seasonal Variations in the atmospheric O2/N2 ratio in relation to kinetics of air-sea gas exchange", Global Biogeochemical Cycles, 12, 141-163.
- Keeling, R.F., McEvoy, E., Manning, A.C., Shertz, S.R., 1998, "Methods for measuring changes in atmospheric O2 concentration and their application to southern hemisphere air", Journal of Geophysical Research, 103, 3381-3397.
- Stephens, B.B., Keeling, R.F., Heimann, M., Six, K.D., Murnane, R.,K. Caldeira, 1988, "Testing global ocean carbon cycle models using measurements of atmospheric O2 and CO2 concentration", Global Biogeochemical Cycles, 12, 213-230.
- Manning, A.C., Temporal variability of atmospheric oxygen from both continuous measurements and a flask sampling network: tools for studying the global carbon cycle, Ph.D. Thesis, University of California, San Diego, 202pp, 2001.