Getting to ESRL
ESRL is located in the David Skaggs Research Center (DSRC) at
325 Broadway, in Boulder, Colorado, next to the Department of Commerce National Institute of Science and Technology (NIST) building.
Driving Directions from DIA
- Exit Denver International Airport via Peña Boulevard.
- Take Peña Boulevard to I-70 West.
- Split right on I-270 North (Exit 279), toward Ft. Collins and follow
across I-25 to US-36 toward Boulder.
- Take US-36 (Boulder Turnpike) West.
- Exit US-36 at Baseline Road (University of Colorado Main Campus exit).
- Keep left and turn left (West) onto Baseline.
- Keep left and turn left at the first light onto 27th Way.
- Stay in the middle lane and turn left onto Broadway.
- Take the second right at the light onto
Rayleigh Rd. and bear right into the Visitors Center parking lot.
- Exit Peña Boulevard at E-470 and follow to US-36. Tolls are $8.50 each way.
Regional bus service to Boulder is available through the
The B bus provides regional service between Denver and Boulder. The Flatiron
Park-n-Ride (Broadway and 27th Way) is the closest stop to ESRL and is on the Skip, Bound, 204, 227, AB, B, D, G, and J bus routes.
Security Procedure for Visitors
- Visitors are required to sign in and receive a visitor
badge from the Visitors Center at the Security Checkpoint. Visitors
will need to present a U.S. photo ID or foreign passport. No other
forms of identification are accepted.
- To receive a visitor badge, all visitors are required to park
next to the Security Checkpoint and enter the Visitors Center to
be screened before proceeding to their destination.
- These are our requirements as per Homeland Security regardless of
security threat level. If you have any questions, please contact Keith Turbitt
at (303) 497-4332.