Aerosol Documentation and Resources
Below is an annotated list of links to documents and other resources that might be useful.
- Maintenance This webpage has links to various tasks and repairs (e.g., neph bulb replacement, CN orifice cleaning, etc.).
- Flags This webpage lists flags for the different instruments (both manufacturer flags and internal NOAA flags, where applicable).
- GAW stations This is the GAWSIS homepage - you can search for your station and check that the information related to your measurements is correct.
- EBAS This is the EBAS World Data Center for Aerosols archive homepage hosted by NILU. This is the archive Federated Aerosol Network data are submitted to at the end of the year. You can download data from other sites (both in and out of the federated network) from here.
- WDCA This is the World Data Center for Aerosols homepage - the WDCA site has lots more information about data submisssion to the archive.
- WMO/GAW SAG Links to the WMO Scientific Advisory Board for Aerosols
- GAW Calibration and Data Centers
Documents and manuals
- WMO/GAW Nephelometer operations guide General best practices for nephelometer (TSI 3563) operations. (This is chapter 6 in GAW report#200 entitled 'WMO/GAW Standard Operating Procedures for In-situ Measurements of Aerosol Mass Concentration, Light Scattering and Light Absorption'.)
- CLAP manual Manual for the CLAP, includes flags and troubleshooting info
- Aethalometer operations guide General best practices for aethalometer (AE33) operations
- WMO/GAW Aerosol systems operations guide General best practices for aerosol measurements
- Annual station maintenance This document describes supplies and tasks that should be performed on an annual basis at NOAA federated network sites. (It is a work in progress!)
- CPX2 Guide to using CPX2 for data viewing and editing