Weekly tours are available to the public.
Divisions of the NOAA Earth System Research Laboratory (ESRL) are located in the David Skaggs Research Center (DSRC) at 325 Broadway, in Boulder, Colorado, south of the Department of Commerce National Institute of Science and Technology (NIST).
Driving Directions from Denver International Airport (DIA)
- Exit Denver International Airport via Peña Boulevard.
- Take Peña Boulevard to I-70 West.
- Split right on I-270 North (Exit 279), toward Ft. Collins and follow across I-25 to US-36 (West) toward Boulder.
- Exit US-36 at Baseline Road (University of Colorado Main Campus exit).
- Keep left and turn left (West) onto Baseline.
- Keep left and turn left at the first light onto 27th Way.
- Stay in the middle lane and turn left onto Broadway.
- Take the second right at the light onto Rayleigh Road and bear right into the Visitors Center parking lot.
- Exit Peña Boulevard at E-470 and follow onto the Northwest Parkway to US-36. The toll authority EXpressToll manages payments online, by phone, or by mail.
Regional bus service to Boulder is available through the Regional Transportation District (RTD). The AB bus provides service between Boulder and the Denver International Airport. The B bus provides regional service between Denver and Boulder. Rayleigh Road and Broadway is the closest stop to the visitor center and is served by the Skip, Dash, AB, B, DD, DM, GS, and J bus routes. The Flatiron Park-n-Ride (Broadway and 27th Way) is also close by and is additionally served by the Bound and the 204 routes.
By Airport Shuttle
SuperShuttle (303-227-0000) provides service from the airport to locations in Boulder.
Security Procedure for Visitors
- The Visitors Center and entrance to the Boulder Department of Commerce facilities are located on Broadway at Rayleigh Road. All visitors, including pedestrians and bike riders, are required to check in at the Visitors Center at the Security Checkpoint to receive a visitor badge, before proceeding to their destination.
- To receive a visitor badge, visitors must present a valid photo ID. Only certain forms of identification will be acceptable for entry to NOAA facilities. Foreign nationals without permanent residency must contact us at least 48 hours in advance so security can be notified. More Information...
- Requirements are per Homeland Security regardless of security threat level. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Facilities and Property Management, Emergency Services Division (Campus Security).
- Boulder Hotels from the Boulder Convention & Visitors Bureau. Hotels nearest the lab are:
- Boulder Restaurants from the Boulder Convention & Visitors Bureau.